SmtpError 95% of the time

Topics: Support Request
Apr 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hi

I have setup the latest dasBlog on shared hosting with GoDaddy (asp.net 2.0, IIS7): www.danielmoth.com/Blog/

I expect to receive emails when a post is created, a comment is added and daily for the statistics. Instead, for each one of these occurrences I see in the event log the SmtpError I copy pasted below.

Occasionally, the daily stats email message will reach me fine - this tells me that the information I have entered for SMTP (relay-hosting.secureserver.net, port 25, ) is correct but something else is failing. The "Test SMTP" button on the Configuration page also fails most of the times ("An error has been encountered while processing the page. We have logged the error condition and are working to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience.").

Any ideas where to start looking please?

Cheers

Daniel

SmtpError:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)

at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)

at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

at newtelligence.DasBlog.Runtime.SendMailInfo.SendMyMessage()

at newtelligence.DasBlog.Runtime.BlogDataServiceXml.InternalSendMail(SendMailInfo info)

while processing InternalSendMail.