This project is read-only.

How to abbreviate posts on home page

Topics: Feature Request, Resolved, Support Request
May 18, 2010 at 5:07 AM

Can I control the length of the text for each post displayed on my main page?  Every post is displayed in its entirety and readers can't find anything.  I'd like to see an abbreviated view of each post on the home page and then allow readers to click the title of each post to view the entire text (like most blogs).  I haven't found a setting to control this.

Thx
Paul Turley
www.sqlserverbiblog.com

May 18, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Hi Paul - there is a feature built-in to dasBlog that will allow you to show an excerpt, or summary of your post - with a 'click to view more...' link.

If you were using the web editor to create a new entry... the 'Description' field is where this summary goes - and this is what will be displayed in place of the full post.

Hope this helps...

Tony

May 19, 2010 at 7:41 AM

…and if there isn’t a Description entry, the full text is used.  Thank you!

Paul Turley, MVP, Architect / Manager   Hitachi Consulting
c: 360.265.5822 | pturley@hitachiconsulting.com| b: www.sqlserverbiblog.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:52 AM
To: Turley, Paul
Subject: Re: How to abbreviate posts on home page [dasBlog:212967]

Hi Paul - there is a feature built-in to dasBlog that will allow you to show an excerpt, or summary of your post - with a 'click to view more...' link.

If you were using the web editor to create a new entry... the 'Description' field is where this summary goes - and this is what will be displayed in place of the full post.

Hope this helps...

Tony

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination,
copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the 
addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
To unsubscribe send an email to: [email removed] 
Hitachi Consulting Corporation, 2001 Bryan Street, Suite 3600, Dallas, Texas 75201