This project is read-only.

Unable to get dasBlog source with svnbridge (can get other projects)

May 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM
Edited May 29, 2008 at 1:28 AM
UPDATE - I now have this working.  Seems svnbridge was working OK, it just needed a long time to get the dasBlog src.

Hi,

I am unable to get dasBlog onto my machine using Tortoise and svnbridge.  When I try to checkout with Tortoise, the checkout window shows no kind of update and just sits there for ages.  During this time svnbridge starts ramping up memory usage at which point I stop it.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

I have been trying for the last two days, and during this time I HAVE been able to download other projects from CodePlex.

Would be good to know if it is just me!

Ben
May 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM
There have been other reports of folks having problems with SVNBridge and dasBlog, mostly those on a x64 box VISTA.  A build with the latest release code for SVNBridge seems to solve most people's problem.
For a while I will have a "One Click" install of the latest release code (21 May), SVNBridge at http://dasblog.us/SVNBridge.zip
Luck
Tom
May 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM
Thanks for the info Tom.  I am also running Vista x64, so I will try that build!

I did notice that SvnBridge writes a lot of files into folders called FileCache and MetaDataCache.  I am deleting these files/folders now, but the recycle window as has seized at 72,243 files (184 MB) :(

Ben

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:53 AM
Ya, I was shocked by the temp files for SVN Bridge. There is word of a server-side hosted Subversion Bridge coming for CodePlex soon, so we'll post as soon as that happens.