Programatically adding comments

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Hi all,
I'm using dasBlog in an unconventional way so my request may be completely unreasonable but here goes....  

I manage conventional non blog ASP .NET based  site using several customized user controls.   A while back, we were asked to implement a blogging solution on a short notice so dasBlog was the perfect choice.   The non technical internal staff uses the admin interface to add posts however  we are using the generated RSS feeds  e.g. /blogging/SyndicationService.asmx/GetRssCategory?categoryName=TestCategory and parse them to display posts on the website.   Now, I need to open an interface for website visitors to add comments to a particular post and display on the website.  

I was wondering if there is logical way to programatically add a comment and associate with a particular post?   The goal is to use the "/blogging/SyndicationService.asmx/GetEntryCommentsRss" feed to parse and display relative comments.  

Has anyone done this before.  Or is there a better way to do this? 

Thanks,
Hanan
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2008 at 6:59 AM
Sure, I believe that DasBlog supports the little used Comment API. http://wellformedweb.org/story/9 You can check the code.