500 - Internal server error.

Jul 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Greetings,

I'm attempting to get a new install of dasblog up and running in a shared hosting environment and I'm getting a  500- Internal Server Error.  It works great for me locally.  I guess I'm a bit of a Noob so if I'm posting to the wrong spot or if there is some other documentation that I'm not aware of let me know. 

Thanks,

Brian

500 - Internal server error.

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 2:31 AM
Turn off friendly error messages in your browser and lets' see what error your getting, most times its either a permissions error or the Vdir is not setup correctly!

You could also have a host web.config issue with the section that looks like this: 

<!-- <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" /> -->
    <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />

Some hosts don't let you specify the security level in your web.config, "conflicts with their machine settings", you might have to lower it to medium "which dasblog works fine with", or comment out the whole section.

Last but not least, if your using a faily well know host, there is probably a guide to working with dasBlog and that host floating around the web somewhere.

Luck

Tom
Jul 8, 2008 at 4:25 AM
To add to Tom's post...

My site is hosted at GoDaddy. I tried the different trust levels, but found that I had to comment that line out completely for it to work.

-Jason