DasBlog with other Web Applications

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:26 AM
Hi,

I have successfully installed DasBlog on my site on discountasp. I've installed in the root folder so when you go to my domain www.blah-whatevermysiteis.com, DasBlog will appear.

However after installing DasBlog, I can no longer access my other web applications in the root folder directory.
Every single web application says that its trying to reference the DasBlog DLL files when they shouldn't be.

I've tried moving all those web applications to a new folder and trying to run them from there but I still get the same error.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (E:\web\$$$\htdocs\web.config line 159)

So if I put this dll file into the bin folder of my web application, this error dissapears but then another one will come up and then eventually asking for config files.
I can't place all the dll files from dasBlog into every web application I make, it is nonsense.

Why would the web applications be referencing the DasBlog files?? Any ideas of how to get around this? (I want the blog to be in the root dir)
Jul 14, 2008 at 1:39 AM
Are the other webapplictations marked as an application root aswell?
Jul 14, 2008 at 7:22 AM
I am not sure what you mean by "marked as application root".

Basically in the same directory, ive got other webapplications just sitting in its own folder.

root/
- bin
- app_code
- app_data
- all the das blog files
- MyApp1
- MyApp2

MyApp1 and MyApp2 doesn't work in this set up. Even if I had

- MyApps
    - MyApp1
    - MyApp2

This still doesnt work.
Jul 14, 2008 at 2:43 PM
In your website control there should be a way to set these as virtual directories and as seperate applications (this is what godaddy calls it.).  Currently ASP.net is treating all of this as one application.