HTTP 405 - after Login or Theme Change

Topics: Support Request
Jul 24, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Hello,

when i login come the next page a HTTP 405 or i change the Themes...
The Pages Shows in HTML without CSS and pictures...

i works with IIS 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-BIT.
The Securtiy-Properties on the folder is correct..

BFreakout
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM
All 405 errors can be traced to configuration of the Web server and security governing access to the content of the Web site, so I would check that again.

Since you are on 64bit, you might make sure you have the 64bit date picker, it throws errors that might be mistaken for other errors.

Luck
Tom

Sent: Thu 7/24/2008 10:29 AM
To: Tom Watts
Subject: HTTP 405 - after Login or Theme Change [dasBlog:32175]

Hello,

when i login come the next page a HTTP 405 or i change the Themes...
The Pages Shows in HTML without CSS and pictures...

i works with IIS 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-BIT.
The Securtiy-Properties on the folder is correct..

BFreakout

Read the full discussion online <http://www.codeplex.com/dasBlog/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=32175&ANCHOR#Post106761> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[dasBlog:32175]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/project/unsubscribe/dasBlog> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Jul 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM
security on the Website is with IIS_IUSRS and have full access... please look on www.dotnet-blog.net
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:45 PM

I think you will find that NETWORK SERVICE is the account that requires full control on the required directories, not IIS_IUSRS.

Regards,

Tom

P.S. I think these generic install instructions still apply even to the latest hardware/software:

These instructions are local centric, if you are on a ISP host, they will need to support or accomplish these same functions, you can provide them with these instructions to aid in their setup.

1. Create a IIS Web Site
Create a virtual IIS web site from folder "/dasblogce" or you can use your IIS root if you understand the requirements. You can also use the script "CreateDasBlogVdir.vbs" to create the site.

2. Copy files

"DasBlog-2.1.xxxx-Web-Files.zip", only use the source, if you are a developer!

Unzip and copy all files into your "dasblogce" folder or IIS site root keeping the folder structure intact.

3. Important Permissions & configuration files:

4. On IIS 5.0 (Windows 2000), the account used to execute web applications (IWAM_xxx) needs read/write/delete permissions to the content, siteconfig, and logs subdirectories.

5. The ASP.NET worker process identity, usually {machinename}\ASPNET on IIS5.0 (Windows 2000 and Windows XP) or NETWORK SERVICE on IIS 6.0/7.0 (Windows Server 2003/2008) also need read/write/delete access to the content, siteconfig, and logs subdirectories.

6. Go to the siteConfig directory in (likely in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\{sitename}) and open the site.config file. In that file, change the settings (quite obvious when you look at them). The most important change is to set the value to the proper URL for your weblog.

7. Open the siteSecurity.config in the same directory and set up your own account with a proper password.