BlogStats Error

Topics: Support Request
Aug 6, 2008 at 12:40 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2008 at 12:43 PM
I'm running three dasblog sites on my server, and for some reason one is giving an "Error:
BlogStats Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.Macros.BlogStats()
while processing .
" error message regularly. Code 1...

I couldn't find any information on this error.

For your information, I have got the latest version of dasblog running and only copied the content of the previous version to this site.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Which version are you running exactly? The official released version, a daily build or did you compile a version from source?

Can you post the url of the blogs? One which has the error and one which doesn't... any obvious differences between the blogs?
Aug 7, 2008 at 1:10 PM
Version is 2.1.8102.813, the official release.

URL for the blogs:

Blog of my daughter (giving the problems)
Private blog (working perfectly)

Except for the contents both blogs are identical.

For your information, if I install a fresh version off dsaBlog onto another server and copy the content
of the problem blog to this server (and ofcourse change the configuration for pointing to the correct
URL) the same errors are reported.

If you arre interested in the content folder, just let me know.
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008 at 9:15 AM
Can't reproduce on my environment.. can you send me the content (without the binary files) paul.van.brenk@gmail.com
Aug 9, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the official release version 2.1.8102.813 and the daily build version 2.1.8139.823 (currently running).

Both giving me the same problem. My blog is here. The hosting is a web-farm environment.

Thanks.

Aug 10, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Hi Paul,

Hope you can help me on this one…

Regards,

Emiel

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2008 at 8:41 AM
It looks like codeplex strips the attachements, can you send them directly to me?

paul.van.brenk@gmail.com
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2008 at 9:34 AM
It looks like I fixed this issue last week, by adding an extra check for null [Changeset:14972]. So this should be in the next official release.
Aug 12, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Edited Aug 12, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Great, any idea when a new official release is planed ?
Best regards,
Emiel