System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'listThemes' has a SelectedValue ...

Topics: Support Request
Aug 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM
Has anyone seen the exception listed below? I'm very confused, because, on my web server, I have two dasBlog sites running. One site gets this error while the other does not.

For me to create the exception
  1. Login
  2. Click Configuration
  3. Friendly error displays "An error has been encountered while processing the page. We have logged the error condition and are working to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience. "
  4. Click Activity then Events to see the big message below
I made sure both sites were using the same theme, but alas, the error continues. I used WinMerge to compare the two dasBlog directories between my two sites and nothing jumped out, but i'm hoping someone here has more experience and can direct me a little more.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Big Error
Error:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'listThemes' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable dataSource)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformSelect()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren()
at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding)
at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind()
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.EditConfigBox.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
while processing http://www.adamsfamilyadventures.com/dasBlog/EditConfig.aspx.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:14 AM
This bug is fixed in the repository version and will be in the next official release.

This is caused when a them is selected in the configuration, which is not available. Is the directory of the theme present in both themes directory?
Aug 18, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Both sites have exactly the same number of theme folders (26). I used WinMerge to compare the two folders and there are no differences.

I modified SiteConfig/site.config <theme> node to be an existing theme "directionalredux". I still get the error. Is there a different setting I need to tweak? Is there a temporary work around for this?

thanks!!
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Very strange... what happens when you remove the theme-node completely?
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:24 PM

I get an exception as soon as I request a page from dasBlog

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or use of this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments. Your compliance is appreciated.