Release Candidate 1 (RC1) for dasBlog release 2.2

Topics: Developer Thread, Information Provided
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Final testing for RC1 in progress.
Committed to release ASAP.
Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:28 AM
I just deployed the latest daily build to my hosting service where I'm trying to setup a new DasBlog. Whenever I go to the login page, the following exception gets thrown, and I don't see any of the login controls, and therefore can't login. My host runs medium trust, which has caused me a number of problems. I know we've been trying to get this release to work with medium trust, and I'd hate to have the new OpenID stuff break that:
l2 time 2008-09-25T00:25:07 code 1 message Error:Error executing macro: bodytext. Make sure it you're calling it in your BlogTemplate with parentheses like 'myMacro()'. Macros with parameter lists and overloads must be called in this way. Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
at ASP.loginbox_ascx.__BuildControlOpenIdLogin1()
at ASP.loginbox_ascx.__BuildControlTree(loginbox_ascx __ctrl) in d:\domains\drinkingright.org\wwwroot\LoginBox.ascx:line 1
at ASP.loginbox_ascx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f674976a\2513d337\App_Web_vhokn3ku.3.cs:line 0
at System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(IWebObjectFactory objectFactory, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type t, Object[] parameters)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Login.get_Bodytext()
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.Macros.get_Bodytext()
The action that failed was:
LinkDemand
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.CachedMacro.Invoke(Object obj)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.InvokeMacro(Object obj, String expression)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.ProcessTemplate(SharedBasePage page, Entry entry, String templateString, Control contentPlaceHolder, Macros macros) while processing .

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM, tomwatts <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
-------------------------------------------
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The World According to Nick
http://www.nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey
http://www.thecodingmonkey.net
Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:44 AM
Further information... when this section is NOT COMMENTED OUT of the web config, I get a SecurityException on app start. If I comment it out, then I only get the behavior mentioned earlier when I try to login. If the diagnostic stuff is disabled, is it still trying to write to a trace log or something and that's causing the problem? The other exception mentioned trying to get at "My Computer"
<!--

<add name="fileLogger" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
initializeData="~/logs/openidConsumerTrace.txt" traceOutputOptions="None"/>

-->

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:29 PM, NickSchweitzer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I just deployed the latest daily build to my hosting service where I'm trying to setup a new DasBlog. Whenever I go to the login page, the following exception gets thrown, and I don't see any of the login controls, and therefore can't login. My host runs medium trust, which has caused me a number of problems. I know we've been trying to get this release to work with medium trust, and I'd hate to have the new OpenID stuff break that:
l2 time 2008-09-25T00:25:07 code 1 message Error:Error executing macro: bodytext. Make sure it you're calling it in your BlogTemplate with parentheses like 'myMacro()'. Macros with parameter lists and overloads must be called in this way. Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
at ASP.loginbox_ascx.__BuildControlTree(loginbox_ascx __ctrl) in d:\domains\drinkingright.org\wwwroot\LoginBox.ascx:line 1
at ASP.loginbox_ascx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f674976a\2513d337\App_Web_vhokn3ku.3.cs:line 0
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(IWebObjectFactory objectFactory, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type t, Object[] parameters)
LinkDemand
MyComputer
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.CachedMacro.Invoke(Object obj)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.InvokeMacro(Object obj, String expression)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.ProcessTemplate(SharedBasePage page, Entry entry, String templateString, Control contentPlaceHolder, Macros macros) while processing .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey
Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:28 AM
After some investigation I found that the version of the DotNetOpenID library we're currently using does not work in a partial trust environment. I rebuilt using a newer version of the library and all works well now. I'll checkin the newer version tomorrow sometime after I've tested a bit more thoroughly.
Nick

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:44 PM, NickSchweitzer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Further information... when this section is NOT COMMENTED OUT of the web config, I get a SecurityException on app start. If I comment it out, then I only get the behavior mentioned earlier when I try to login. If the diagnostic stuff is disabled, is it still trying to write to a trace log or something and that's causing the problem? The other exception mentioned trying to get at "My Computer"
<!--

<add name="fileLogger" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
initializeData="~/logs/openidConsumerTrace.txt" traceOutputOptions="None"/>

-->

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:29 PM, NickSchweitzer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

LinkDemand
MyComputer

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:42 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2008 at 2:45 AM
Nick,

Paul has checked in the latest OpenID code in the 2.3 branch. It was a patch from AArnott (#2962), you should look at that solution first.

I am glad I had to hold off on release of 2.2, was planning to release this last Sunday, but wife ended up in the Hospital for the last three days :(

Thanks for your efforts.

Tom
Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM
I'm not in front of my development computer right now, so can't give the specific version number, but I basically chose the version from the DotNetOpenId site that was close to the revision that we were using, but still new enough where it was attributed properly to allow for partial trust callers. That way all I had to do was recompile with no code changes. I figure that is still a good route to go with for the 2.2 release... especially since we've already branched.
The 2.3 version can use the newest version of the Dll and take in any code changes required. Is this a wrong way to go? I figure its best to insert as few changes as possible into this release this late in the game.
Nick
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM, tomwatts <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Nick,

Paul has checked in the latest OpenID code in the 2.3 branch. It was a patch from AArnott, you should look at that solution first.

I am glad I had to hold off on release of 2.2, was planning to release this last Sunday, but wife ended up in the Hospital for the last three days :(

Thanks for your efforts.

Tom

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:45 PM
I agree with Nick.

Allthough the new 2.4 version has some nice stuff, validators et al. implementing them in the 2.2 release is too risky. If the version Nick uses works and doesn't have huge bugs we should use that.

Developer
Sep 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM
I updated the lib with 2.1.7 of DotNetOpenID and committed to CodePlex. BTW... I'm loving that they fully support Tortoise SVN. Hopefully this makes us good to go for the 2.2 release.
Nick
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM, paulb <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I agree with Nick.

Allthough the new 2.4 version has some nice stuff, validators et al. implementing them in the 2.2 release is too risky. If the version Nick uses works and doesn't have huge bugs we should use that.

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey