DasBlog in Internet Explorer

Topics: Support Request
Nov 3, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Hi all, i have a dosblog on my website which is through godaddy. The site which is http://curseofcleveland.com works fine in firefox, but in IE the page times out or doesn't load. I have to push refresh multiple times or clear my cookies just to get the page to load. Any help on why this is happening would be great.
Nov 4, 2008 at 12:07 AM
Are you able to sign-in to your site and check dasBlog's site configuration and settings?

For starters - there appears to be a problem with the Blogroll.opml file. "There was an error processing 'd:\hosting\thecurse\SiteConfig\blogroll.opml'

I'm also seeing several "HTTP/1.1 500 - Bad Response" errors for .gif files as well as the SyndicationService.asmx requests.

You might want to double check the content of the installation directory - are there any 'zero' byte files in there?

Not sure what else to suggest. Anyone else?
Nov 13, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I fixed the images, and took out the blogroll. I can sign in firefox, IE i have to refresh a bunch of times to get any of the pages to load. I didn't see anything with zero bytes in my files. I am a noob at this. Any other help would be great.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2008 at 11:42 PM
Everytime I have seen a difference in the way dasBlog works or does not work related to FireFox versus IE, it has been some bad javascript in the theme. FireFox is much more tolerant of these errors, IE just sort of times out or never does load the page.

Check your site out with a default theme, if that works then you can be sure your dasBlog instance is OK, and its a theme issue.

Luck
Tom

Your site is now loading via IE for a split second, then crashing IE with a site could not be displayed error. 10/13/2008 6:42 EST
Nov 22, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2008 at 2:22 AM
Nevermind
Nov 23, 2008 at 11:17 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2008 at 2:22 AM
Nevermind
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:37 AM
how did u solve this ?
I have the same problem.

http://www.rugved.com wont open in IE7

i m using nautica022 theme

thanks
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM
rugu_16

He did not solve, gave up and went with WordPress.

Tom