OpenID

Topics: Support Request
Nov 19, 2008 at 3:37 AM
I have the latest version of the code running.  Nearly everything works great.  I cannot get admin login with OpenID working.  Comments with OpenID works, but when i login as an admin using OpenID I get the setup error page telling me something doesn't have permissions to write to one of the three magical directories.  I think something else is going on though, I added full control for everyone to everything under inetpub just for kicks and I get the same error.  Any ideas, or what can I specifically post up to help jump start the process?

Thanks!
Nov 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM
I tried putting the latest version of DotNetOpenID in the bin folder.  That didn't work either.  The login page fails to render any text box at all at that point.
Nov 20, 2008 at 1:33 PM
I think this was the error I was getting before I screwed things up with the DotNetOpenId upgrade.

l2 time 2008-11-20T13:41:32 code 1 message <span>Error:<br/>System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
<br>Parameter name: identifier
<br>   at DotNetOpenId.Identifier.Parse(String identifier) in c:\git\dotnetopenid\src\DotNetOpenId\Identifier.cs:line 44
<br>   at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.SiteSecurity.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass11.&lt;GetUserByOpenIDIdentifier&gt;b__f(User x)
<br>   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Find(Predicate`1 match)
<br>   at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.SiteSecurity.GetUserByOpenIDIdentifier(Identifier identifier)
<br>   at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.SiteSecurity.Login(IAuthenticationResponse resp)
<br>   at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.LoginBox.OpenIdLogin1_LoggedIn(Object sender, OpenIdEventArgs e)
<br>   at DotNetOpenId.RelyingParty.OpenIdTextBox.OnLoggedIn(IAuthenticationResponse response) in c:\git\dotnetopenid\src\DotNetOpenId\RelyingParty\OpenIdTextBox.cs:line 724
<br>   at DotNetOpenId.RelyingParty.OpenIdTextBox.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\git\dotnetopenid\src\DotNetOpenId\RelyingParty\OpenIdTextBox.cs:line 563
<br>   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
<br>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Developer
Nov 20, 2008 at 1:39 PM
What version of dasBlog were you doing this with? The very latest version should have this fixed, but the release just prior to the last one had this bug where you could not use OpenID in medium trust.
The very latest version of the DotNetOpenId library will not work because there are interface changes, but I found a DotNetOpenId release between the one we WERE using and the very latest one that fixed the medium trust issues. Be sure you are using the lib in the latest release zip of DasBlog AND, you may also have to tweak the web.config file. I forget at the moment what they were, but there were some trace settings that were in the web.config that could be screwing you up. Make sure those trace settings are removed from the web.config.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:33 AM, nosajis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I think this was the error I was getting before I screwed things up with the DotNetOpenId upgrade.

l2 time 2008-11-20T13:41:32 code 1 message Error:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: identifier
at DotNetOpenId.Identifier.Parse(String identifier) in c:\git\dotnetopenid\src\DotNetOpenId\Identifier.cs:line 44
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.SiteSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass11.<GetUserByOpenIDIdentifier>b__f(User x)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Find(Predicate`1 match)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.SiteSecurity.GetUserByOpenIDIdentifier(Identifier identifier)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.SiteSecurity.Login(IAuthenticationResponse resp)
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.LoginBox.OpenIdLogin1_LoggedIn(Object sender, OpenIdEventArgs e)
at DotNetOpenId.RelyingParty.OpenIdTextBox.OnLoggedIn(IAuthenticationResponse response) in c:\git\dotnetopenid\src\DotNetOpenId\RelyingParty\OpenIdTextBox.cs:line 724
at DotNetOpenId.RelyingParty.OpenIdTextBox.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\git\dotnetopenid\src\DotNetOpenId\RelyingParty\OpenIdTextBox.cs:line 563
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
-------------------------------------------
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The World According to Nick
http://www.nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey
http://www.thecodingmonkey.net
Nov 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Current dasBlog Version: 2.2.8279.16125
Current DotNetOpenId Version: 2.1.7.8233

I am off to try to find out more about these trace settings you might be talking about.
Developer
Nov 20, 2008 at 5:34 PM
The version numbers look right. I had the exact same problem as you, which is why I submitted the patch with thew new OpenId library version, and it works for me now. That patch was included in the latest release. Be sure you comment out this entire section of the web.config file:
system.diagnostics>
assert assertuienabled="false"/>
switches>
add name="OpenID" value="4"/>
switches>
trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
listeners>
add name="fileLogger" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
initializeData="openidConsumerTrace.txt" traceOutputOptions="None"/>
listeners>
trace>
system.diagnostics>
Also make sure you have the Trust Level set to Medium:

trust level="Medium" originUrl="" />
-->

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:46 AM, nosajis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Current dasBlog Version: 2.2.8279.16125
Current DotNetOpenId Version: 2.1.7.8233

I am off to try to find out more about these trace settings you might be talking about.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Nicholas Schweitzer
nick@nickschweitzer.net

The World According to Nick
http://www.nickschweitzer.net

The Coding Monkey
http://www.thecodingmonkey.net