DirectionalRedux Theme issues on IE7

Topics: Developer Thread
Dec 12, 2008 at 9:54 PM
I keep having issues with this theme on IE7. When the site comes up using this theme, the right side bar shows up under the main content. The strange thing is that if I login, it works fine.

What's up?? I have tried for hours to get it working :-(

David

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2008 at 2:00 PM
When I test the theme DirectionalRedux it appears to layout right, but it does give me a small page error.

In the theme file  homeTemplate.blogtemplate the reference to pngfix.js is wrong, now this give an error but I don't see how it would change your layout.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/df/themes/directionalredux/pngfix.js"></script>

You could try fixing this error and reviewing any changes you have made to the DirectionalRedux theme, the "pageLayout.css" file being the most probable area to look.

Good Luck

Tom
Dec 15, 2008 at 7:09 PM
Where you logged in when you tested it? Also it did this without me making any changes to pageLayout.css.

David
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Yes I tested the theme both logged in and logged out. Both work fine.

Luck
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:35 AM
Okay, I just downloaded the latest release of dasBlog, changed it to the DirectionalRedux theme and I'm getting the same issue. What's up?

David
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM
OK, I just downloaded 2.2 DirectionalRedux theme and put it on my personal 2.2 blog, it works fine with my IE7 on Vista.

I would say you have something that is unique about your setup, anything you think would be unique about your environment?

Tom
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:40 PM
No, I can't think of anything. I also have Vista with IE7. This does not happen with other themes, just this one. Works fine in Firefox.

David