Cannot See the Admin Menu Bar or Make Any Posts!

Topics: Support Request
Dec 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM
I have installed dasBlog 2.2 in a virtual directory called "blog" under the Default Web Site in IIS 6 and I have setup the <Root> node to the base URL of the blog and changed the password for the admin in the siteSecurity.config file. I can log in as admin, but once I log in I do not see the Admin Menu Bar and cannot edit/add new post at all. It is as if the application does not even recognize me as the admin once I log in. I left the role as "admin", the way it was by default. Why is this happening and what do I need to change to make this work?
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 1:30 AM
This is usually a bad edit of the "siteSecurity.config" file, or a bad theme setup.

If you have edited the security file check your xml format! If that appears ok then try this.

See if you can login successfully using the default "siteSecurity.config" file and a default theme??

If this does not fix it, then give us a whole lot more details.
Feb 5, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Hi there. I am having the exact same problem, but i have narrowed it down to a theme issue.
I set this up for a customer of mine and they insisted on it loading into an iframe.

On IE7 and firefox the admin bar shows fine and forces them to scroll to the right to see it all. But on IE 6, it just won't show at all.

Using the default admin.css. Any suggestions on what I can tweak so style will work in an iframe in IE 6?

thanks!