URL : rugved.com
Error: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

thanks
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:42 AM

I clicked the link, it works for me!

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Ok as the Nautica002 contributor, let me chime in here.

Your site does not display in IE7, but it does display in FF3. (At least for me!)

I notice that you are using dasBlog 2.1, not the latest version, and therefore I am sure you are not using the IIS7 webconfig file.

While I am sure you can get 2.1 working under IIS7, apprantely there are some issues, now most time when I have seen a difference between IE and FF2/3 its been bad behaving JavaScript.

I will review Nautica002 to see if we need an update, but I would suggest dasblog 2.2 with IIS7 webconfig. If this is an automatic host install of 2.1, then your host has a requirement to get things working with IIS7.

Please let us know more details about your installation!

Eitherway we will get a good version of Nautica running on IIS7.

Thx
Tom
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:33 PM
First of all thank you for the greate theme , I love it.

Second you are right , it works in FF3 and not in IE7. I am hosting this in go daddy so it was automatic install. Let me try installing dasblog 2.2 and see if that fixes it.

Meanwhile can you throw some light on what you mean by IIS7 and web config. Do I need to upload these configs manually ?

Thanks
Jan 23, 2009 at 5:14 PM
one more thing , I dont have IIS7 , I am running on II6.
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM
Ok sorry for the confusion, when you mentioned Vista in your tag line, I thought you were hosting on Vista (IIS7), some people do!

I would not move to 2.2 on Godaddy, I understand they have some arcane stuff these days, and thats saying a lot because I have dasBlog.info hosted there and I should know.

So along that line, I have 2.1 hosted at Godaddy, custom install myself and Nautica works just fine, and in fact my personal blog uses Nautica with 2.1 (now 2.2) and works fine with IIS6.

So its not Nautica out of the box.

Sounds like Godaddy may be adding some Javascrip for analytics or somthing, I would try another theme to see if that works.  IE7 is very picky about JS errors.

Tom
Jan 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM
hummm

u know what , actually this is my freely parked domain so Godady may be trying to add its add and banner on top.

Let me try to install this in one of my other paid domain. I will update it here.

Firefox works like a charm though.
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM
You that was it. So on free account it wont install properly. I think because Godady's http handlers are trying to add banners and stuff into the website which may be messing up java script.

Note : THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN IE7 and Not in FireFOX

unfortunalty I tried some other blog and it worked so I will have to go with some other blog :(
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM
I recall having an issue with the Godaddy free hosting.  There was a problem with dasBlog compression and thier attempt to insert ads.