errors loading in IE7

Topics: Feature Request, Information Provided, Support Request
Mar 13, 2009 at 4:19 AM
I am having some errors when getting IE7 to load my website www.zachsteelman.com/dasblog/ It loads completely fine in FF3 but not in IE.

Error:
Error executing macro: WorksInProgress()|jforsythe. Make sure it you're calling it in your BlogTemplate with parentheses like 'myMacro()'. Macros with parameter lists and overloads must be called in this way. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.InvokeMacro(Object obj, String expression) at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Core.TemplateProcessor.ProcessTemplate(SharedBasePage page, Entry entry, String templateString, Control contentPlaceHolder, Macros macros)
while processing .

This is the error that I am getting from software. I am currently running GoDaddy and using directionalredux with some modifications. however I haven't messed with the macros and don't know how to work with them.

This is the error that is coming from the IE7

Line: 2
Char: 1
Error: Syntax Error
Code: 0
URL: http://www.zachsteelman.com/dasblog/

Any help would be great.

Developer
Mar 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Inside the source of your site there is an incorrect script tag

<script type="text/javascript" src="/df/themes/directionalredux/pngfix.js"></script>

That should be pointing to /dasblog/themes/directionalredux/pngfix.js.

My guess is something in the template is messed up causing that to point to the wrong place.

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Tonyb,

Thanks for the help on this, I changed that part in my homeTemplate.blogTemplate file to point to the right js file but that was only for an images javascript. I am still having problems getting the page to load on IE. Again firefox works fine but not IE, it just stops loading things after the first blog posts and starts to throw out code at the end. My page will load my latest blog post but then spit out <div class="pos and not load the navigation on the side or the stuff at the bottom. Any more suggestions? Again this is a godaddy site that is a free hosting so it is trying to spit out some javascript but it doesn't affect the firefox site.

Thanks,
Zach
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2009 at 3:36 AM
Zach,

You can't get the FREE HOSTING hosting from Godaddy.com to work with dasBlog, they add too much javascript that dasBlog does not like with IE6 or IE7.

Your wasting your time.

Tom