Deleted posts still come up in RSS feed - any way to delete?

Topics: Support Request
Mar 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM
I've created and deleted a few test posts while testing a new installation of DasBlog 2.2. They don't show up on the blog page anymore, but they are still on the RSS feed. Is there any way of permanently deleting this so that it does not come up in RSS readers anymore? I've checked all of the read/write permissions and they seem to be fine. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 2:51 PM
I think it's related to caching, so the posts should be gone after a while.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM
How long do you think it will take? It's been a few days already...any way of forcing?
Is there any other specific place where it stores RSS data other than the content folder? One of the "stuck" entries is the "Congratulations" initial post when you first install if that helps. Thanks for answering.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM
A view days is pretty long. Can you confirm the xml files are gone from the /content directory?
Mar 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM
Yes, there is only one days worth of xml files and all that has is the one post that is still active. The other files and days are gone. I can post files and rss links if it would be helpful.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Yes, please

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM
After tweaking with it a little bit and restarting IIS it seems to be working right now - I think you're right it's some kind of weird caching issue. Thanks for your help.