This project is read-only.

Application Runs, but can not log in.

Topics: Support Request
Mar 16, 2009 at 9:47 PM
I have a domain on godaddy.com.

I have installed the application, and they have verified that all folders have the correct permissions.  I can see the default page telling me congratulations and that the app is installed. 

I click on the "Sign In", and get a login box.  If I type in the wrong name and/or password, it simply brings me back to try again.

When I put the correct username and password in for the admin, I get the following error.

The SSE Provider did not find the database file specified in the connection string. At the configured trust level (below High trust level), the SSE provider can not automatically create the database file.

I can not seem to figure out what "connection string" it is looking for since there is not a database, or what would cause this error.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Mar 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Fixed the error, but not sure if this is the correct way to do it.

In the web.config file, I had to add <roleManager enabled="false" />, and now it appears to be working fine.
Mar 16, 2009 at 11:06 PM
You mind posting the web.config (our sending it through private email)... it's a strange error and the web.config should work as is.
 
Mar 18, 2009 at 3:44 PM
After looking further, here is what I have discovered.
I installed this app in a subfolder of the root website.
In the web.config for the root folder, I have roleManager enabled due to some forms authenticating with roles on some of the pages.
So, in the web.config for the blog (subfolder), the only way around the error I was getting was to disable the roleManager.
The forms that require authentication are in subfolders of their own, so I am looking into putting the "enable" in the subfolder web.config to see if I can take that line back out of the web.config in the /blog folder.
The message now makes sense. The web.config for the root site, had a connection string to a database and had roleManager enabled, so when it got to the blog page, and tried to authenticate, it was defaulting to the roleManager in the root folder when trying to apply the roles.
I do have one more question though. When applying the Mail to Weblog, the documentation says that the the app will need a "manual" reset. Since I am hosting this site & blog on GoDaddy, how do you do a "manual reset"?
----- Original Message -----
From: [email removed]
To: [email removed]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: Application Runs, but can not log in. [dasBlog:50370]

From: paulb

You mind posting the web.config (our sending it through private email)... it's a strange error and the web.config should work as is.
Mar 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM
Ah, that makes sense..
 
You can do a manuel reset by uploading a modified web.config (add some spaces/tabs or enters) this will trigger an app. restart.
 
Mar 18, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Another good way to restart the application is to keep a copy of app_offline.htm in the root of your application - renamed as app_offline.htm.bak. Then when you'd like to restart the app (restart the application domain) just rename app_offline.htm.bak to app_offline.htm. The application domain will be reset and the message inside your app_offline.htm file will be displayed ("Site down... back in a sec"... for example). Then rename app_offline.htm again  - back to the app_offline.htm.bak version and the site will come back up.
Mar 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Now that I can log in, and get everything set, I am getting this error in the "Events".  Problem is that I can not get it to get new weblogs from email.  The account works, and I can get email using OutlookExpress, but it never showed up on the blog.  Checked event log and this is the error that I am getting.
 
Code 650 :
Pop3ServerError:
System.Security.SecurityException:
Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.SocketPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() 
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.CheckCacheRemote(EndPoint& remoteEP, Boolean isOverwrite) 
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP) 
    at Lesnikowski.Pawel.Mail.Pop3.Pop3.Connect()
    at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Services.MailToWeblog.Run()
The action that failed was: 
    Demand 
        The type of the first permission that failed was: 
            System.Net.SocketPermission 
                The Zone of the assembly that failed was: 
                    MyComputer
    while processing .

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:15 PM
That looks like a trust issue.

If the site is running as medium trust then you can't use the Pop3 features.  Under medium trust an asp.net site can't create a socket so there is no way to connect to the pop3 server.