Content Filters

Topics: Support Request
Apr 3, 2009 at 10:56 PM
I am having problems with the content filters i.e. the smilys not propagating to the post. As anyone else had this problem?
Would appreciate any help.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM
I assume you have turned on the smiley you want to display as a regex item in the configuration page and you have checked you want them published on your site and in your RSS?

You don't say what the problem is, but by default none of these content filters are turned on or set to publish.

As a matter of information the configuration menus update the xml file "site.config" and this would be the following result for publishing smiley faces.

<ContentFilter find=";-)" replace="&lt;img alt=&quot;;-)&quot; src=&quot;~/smilies/wink.gif&quot;&gt;" isregex="true" />

So if your content has ;-) it will be displayed as a smiley face.

Also you may have a caching issue, make sure that any changes you have made have time to appear, at least 20 minutes is common, unless you force a refresh at the server level.

Cheers
Tom
Apr 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your quick response.

Let me respond to your questions one by one:

1. I have checked publish to both site and rss
2. I have checked all the smileys i want to activate
3. I viewed the site config files and the entries match the one above.

I am getting an error message in the edit page when I test. Attached is url to screen shot 
http://scalone.com/blog/images/smiley_setup_screenshot.jpg

Thank you for your assistance
JasmineRose
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2009 at 2:12 PM
OK I have confirmed your issue is present is dasBlog 2.2

I can't reproduce the error in dasBlog 2.3

So what version are you running?

Regards
Tom
Apr 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi Tom,

I installed the blog in my root from my godaddy account. It appears I have version  2.1

Regards,

Jasminerose

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Hi Tom,

How do I update to a newer version?
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Well I would normally say its quit easy, but changing versions on a commercial host is not fun.

First you could try to get Godaddy to update for you, we have a new IIS installer (see www.dasblog.info ) that works quite well but its not really an upgrader application.

Normally I would say just xcopy every file in the new release over the files in the old release without touching your "contents" directory and hand comparing and editing your "site.config" and "siteSecurity.config" in the SiteConfig directory.

But on a commercial host I would follow these steps.

1. download the files "site.config" and "siteSecurity.config" in the SiteConfig directory at your site on Godaddy to your local computer.
2. download the entire "contents" directory of your site at Godaddy to your local computer (just a backup to make sure).
3. download the web release file zip for dasBlog 2.3 and expand the files into a directory on your local system (new release)
4. edit the (new release) "site.config" file and add your domain name reference: <Root>http://mydomain.com/</Root>
5. edit the (new release) "siteSecurity.config" file and add your security information.
6. make sure that the updated "site.config" and "siteSecurity.config" are in your (new release) file structure on your hard drive
7. ftp all files and directories in your 2.3 (new release) to your godaddy site, do not include the "contents" directory.

After caching has expired your site should come back up as a dasBlog 2.3 site.

8. Log into your site and edit the configuration of the site from the menu and finish putting your site back like it was. (You may want to reference a print out of your old "site.config" file.

"Works on my Machine" but no warranties.

Luck
Tom
<edit> If your are using the Navigation or Blogroll fuctions you might want to backup and replace the new with the existing "navigatorLinks.xml" & "blogroll.opml" files.

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Hi Tom,

I tried to upgrade to the new version in the manner you described. However I have not had any luck. I am quite frustated after spending most of my weekend uninstalling and installing the software, 4 times.

I would strongly suggest that your company provide GoDaddy with the new release.

Right now I am still running the older version.

On a different issue....In order to get crossposting to work with wordpress I had to insert this code into the Crosspostserverinfo.xml

<CrossPostServerInfo>
        <Name>Wordpress</Name>
        <URL>http://www.wordpress.com</URL>
        <Service>1</Service>
        <Host>www.wordpress.com</Host>
        <Endpoint>xmlrpc.php</Endpoint>
        <Port>80</Port>
    </CrossPostServerInfo>

I kept error messages until I inserted the code.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Hi Jasmine

Sorry you're having troubles, but there is no company, dasBlog is 100% open source and free, nobody here has made a dime off of dasBlog, we are all volunteers.

I help out because I choose to do so.

Godaddy choose to use dasBlog because of the demand and they chose what version they install and support, we don't have anything to do with Godaddy.

You will have more influence than we would . We don't use their install services or any other services other than an occasional account for dirfferent sites we host, the same as every other public user.

I don't know anything about crossposting with Wordpress, I don't cross post with anything but dasBlog sites, but this looks like good information for those that do or might in the future.

Regards
Tom