An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Topics: Support Request
Apr 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hello together

I receive the error message below every day. The workaround at the moment is to delete all files in the log directory and restart the application pool. But, that's only a workaround. Who can help me with this ugly issue?

Thanks,
Dominik

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/1319899545/Root

Process ID: 1020

Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Message: Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\blogs.ecreation.ch\dasBlog\dasblogce\logs\2009-04-04.referrer.log.zip' is denied.

StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at newtelligence.DasBlog.Runtime.LoggingDataServiceXml.ArchiveLogFileWorker(Object argument)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Does your “NETWORK SERVICE” account have full security access to the “logs” directory??

Tom
Apr 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Hi Tom

Yes, the "NETWORK SERVICE" account has write permission on the logs directory.

BTW: my server is a Windows Server 2003 box.

Thanks,
Dominik
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Hmmm

Can't think of a thing to suggest, unless IIS6 Write property is not turned on for the "logs" directory.

Cheers
Tom
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 5:59 PM
I think you need modify or full control for deleting, just write isn't enough.
Apr 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM
I've just adjusted the permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET account on the 'log' directory. And now I have to wait if it solves my problem. :-)
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:18 AM
The first 'log-file packer night' is over and the service/application pool didn't crash. So, it seems that the adjustment has solved my problem.

Thanks folks!

Dominik