editor for Add Entry changes to plain text

Topics: Developer Thread, Information Provided
Apr 26, 2009 at 1:04 AM
When I first setup dasBlog and I left the default theme to dasBlog, I added some test entries.  I copied parts of web pages and pasted them into the Edit box.  The pictures and all the formatting of the text looked great.  Then, I changed the theme to "calmblue", after that, the editor seems to be for plain text, when I try to past the same information as I pasted previously, it just pastes plain text.  I tried changing the Editor Control Adapter to from Text Box Adapter, to FreeTextBoxAdapter, but that did not fix the problem.  I tried changing to various themes and that did not fix the problem.

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I've experienced the same thing, even on a fresh install from the Web Platform Installer. Running on Windows 2008 Server, IIS7.

Anyone that can help?

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I have seen this happen on some older versions of dasBlog, the IE8 browser was the problem.

I never did find a resolution other than using a different browser, and or not using the freetextbox, but rather Windows Live writer as a client.

I have not been able to duplicate this issue with the current release, but I am sure we have a lurking freetextbox integration issue somewhere.

Luck

Tom