No Admin Bar on New Install

Topics: Support Request
Jun 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I'm having trouble with a brand new install of dasBlog. I installed through GoDaddy running IIS 7 and ASP.NET 2.0. The install went smoothly; however, when I log in I do not get an Admin bar. (There is only one admin acct; adding a contributor acct results in the same behavior-no admin bar.) After looking through this forum as well as the closed one, I've tried all the suggestions (changing settings in site.config & web.config files, checking code in sitesecurity.config file). None of the changes/suggestions have worked. I'm still not able to see the Admin bar.

I have another site with dasBlog installed that works just fine. The only difference between the two is the other site is running IIS 6. Would that make a difference? From my testing, it seems like the current site doesn't recognize that an admin is logged in (even through it says that I'm logged in OK). Would it have anything to do with settings on GoDaddy's end? Any help or suggestions would be welcome? The client is getting antsy because the blog is not up yet.

Thanks, Libby

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 9:08 PM

In the last week there have been more reports about this behavious... we're investigating, but not sure why and what's happening. We hope to have a solution soon.