This project is read-only.

Custom User Control

Topics: Developer Thread
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Hi,

Im very new to dasBlog and am trying to integrate a User Control I have written. Can somebody please tell me how this is possible?

Im using this line in the dasBlog homeTemplate.blogTemplate file...

<%newtelligence.ASPNETControl("Subscribe.ascx")%>

Trouble is my code behind does not recognise any controls I have in my UC HTML. Do I have to build \ compile the UC as a dll and place the dll somewhere or something?

At the moment my UC "Subscribe.ascx" and code behind "Subscribe.ascx.cs" exist within the root of the dasBlog application. Im guessing this is not correct?

When I try and build the control I get this error...

"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS"

I installed the latest verion of dasBlog via the Microsft Web Platform Installer which auto configured an IIS application for me. Running Win Server 2008 \ IIS7

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Paul.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I resoved this by copying my helper code into the code behind file of the user control itself. Ugly but it works. Confused as to why I cant have my utils dll in the bin folder though.