Windows Live Writer - not updating Statistics count?

Topics: Support Request
Jan 14, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Hi, as title says, my post count is not changing in the Statistics section whenever I publish with Windows Live Writer. This is the section that says Total Posts, This Year, This Month, This Week, Comments. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Developer
Jan 14, 2010 at 4:01 AM

I don’t think this is related to WLW – the stats are calculated from the posts in the blog (and their date/times)

Have you given it some time to take effect (or restarted IIS) ? The stats data is cached (for 8 hours I think)…

.. KenH

Sent: 14 January 2010 03:34
To: Ken Hughes
Subject: Windows Live Writer - not updating Statistics count? [dasBlog:80754]

Hi, as title says, my post count is not changing in the Statistics section whenever I publish with Windows Live Writer. This is the section that says Total Posts, This Year, This Month, This Week, Comments. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dasBlog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:05 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Thanks, I'll wait 8 hours and check. I had deleted the first default entry and it lowered my count from 1 to 0.

I see now, after adding an entry to the blog directly without WLW, the count isn't incrementing right away either. Sorry for jumping the gun!