This project is read-only.

Cannot change password from default

Topics: Support Request
Mar 23, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I have tried changing the password to something other than "admin" for my blog, but regardless of my changes in the Configuration tab the password remains the default.

I unchecked the box for encryping the password, thinking that I could then change the password manually in the sitesecurity.config file, but the password in this file remains encoded in spite of changing this setting.

Might this be a permissions issue? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:22 AM

It is possible it could be a permissions issue. You can double check which permissions you need at the blog post How to secure your dasBlog installation.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I will contact our web host and doublecheck the permissions.

Thank you once again for your response :)

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I've contacted our webhost who is looking into the premissions.

Now I am actually doubting it is permissions, since changes other than the password are persisted when I change something and then click on the save button.

Is there any other possible cause for this?

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:51 AM

You may have already done this, but make sure the permissions on the siteSecurity.config and site.config are the same. Most of the non-password settings are stored in site.config. Maybe there is something different with siteSecurity.config.  You might want to double check your *.events.log files located in the logs folder.  If an error is occurring it might show up in the log file.