This project is read-only.

Have to recycle app pool for blog posts to appear?!

Topics: Support Request
Apr 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Hi

I have setup the latest dasBlog on shared hosting with GoDaddy (asp.net 2.0, IIS7): www.danielmoth.com/Blog/

I publish posts through Windows Live Writer and I see them fine from my machines, but nobody else can see them until I manually recycle the app pool from the GoDaddy web interface (there may be other workarounds, but that is the one that worked for me). Anybody know why that might be?

Even all the trackbacks/pingbacks that get sent when I publish, don't work and I see in the Event log red entries about PingbackServerError (see below for two examples).

Even feedburner cannot see any of my posts (and hence my feed remains stale) until I recycle the app pool.

Am I missing some setting somewhere? I can't imagine everyone else facing this problem...

Cheers

Daniel

PingbackServerError:

17: The source URL does not contain a link to the target URL, and so cannot be used as a source.

while processing MY_URL,OTHER_URL.

PingbackServerError:

CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcServerException: Not Found

at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.ReadResponse(XmlRpcRequest req, WebResponse webResp, Stream respStm, Type returnType)

at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(Object clientObj, String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(String MethodName, Object[] Parameters)

at newtelligence.DasBlog.Runtime.Proxies.PingbackClientProxy.ping(String sourceUri, String targetUri)

at newtelligence.DasBlog.Runtime.BlogDataServiceXml.Pingback(String sourceUri, String pingbackService, String pingbackTarget, String entryTitle)

while processing MY_URL,OTHER_URL.