This project is read-only.

Installation and Update options from a Newby

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:40 AM
Edited Jun 15, 2008 at 2:40 AM
DasBlog Newby here:
I have read the installation procs., and I understand how to install into IIS and change permissions. But I have two basic questions.
1. I have a a number of websites under my virtual website in IIS. I want to run DasBlog on a specific website under my virtual website. How do I point/ make Dasblog run on a specific website if it DasBlog is installed under the root website?
2. If Dasblog is running on a w2003 ent server on the DMZ, besides firewall issues, what do I need to do to be able to update my website from my Win XP desktop? I know I could use Remote Desktop, but I was looking for a procedure under DasBlog procs..

Thanks
Jul 13, 2008 at 7:06 AM
DasBlog needs be in its own VDir and works best in its own AppPool. All it cares about is that you access it via the same URL you setup in Site.config.
Jul 17, 2008 at 3:42 AM
Edited Jul 17, 2008 at 3:43 AM
Thanks Shanselman:
Correct me if I'm wrong. What I think you are saying is if I want to set up Dasblog on a specific website under the wwwroot folder, "website.com", then I could put Dasblog into a folder under "website.com", and in a separate folder under the VDir in IIS?

Thanks