This project is read-only.

Upgrading from 1.9 to 2.2

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Based on the fact that the instructions for upgrading end at 1.8, I'm guessing that the upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2 is nominal. However, I have had been using dasblog for about 4 years and have alwasy had one big problem or another when moving from one version to the next, so I really don't want to just wing it.

What do I need to do to move from 1.9 to 2.2 on a hosted server.

Should I just install 2.2 and move my config file, content folder and themes over?

Something else?

Thanks.
Dec 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM
Your right the upgrade path from 1.8+ is very nominal, but I would mention that you should use the 2.2 configuration files, and update them either by file comparison, (example Beyond Compare), or do an admin update after you get the domain correct via manual edit.

If you don't use the new configuration files and don't do a admin update, then you could be missing a number of new features, related to OpenID for example.

Cheers
Tom
Dec 24, 2008 at 2:28 AM
Thanks Tom.
Just to clarify, are you saying that the only thing I need to do is update the config files? None of the APIs have changed?

Julie

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:54 AM
Really not much has changed, OpenID comment login is the newest area, we lost legancy third party macro support in version 2.1, but that was fixed in 2.2.
Lots of new mini features like GeoRSS support, but nothing major has changed except for the move to asp.net 2.0 in version 2.0, that is mostly transparent other than the type of hosting etc.
The dasBlog.info home page covers the highlevel details of 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2.

Cheers
Tom