This project is read-only.

Posted articles disappear after awhile

Topics: Support Request
Oct 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Edited Oct 26, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Hi all, this is a strange one.

I can post new articles, but after awhile the article just disappears from our blog.

I have asked our web host to double-check the read/write permissions on the "content/", "siteconfig/", and "logs" folders.

I also noticed that when I logged into the blog and changed the password that this change does not have any effect, I still have to log in using the old password.

Has anyone else ever seen this type of behaviour?

P.S. our blog and its associated root site were recently migrated to an IIS 7 machine, I do not know what type of mode it is running under.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Is your blog hosted on a cluster of machines. It may be you're experiencing writes to one machine and reads from another... Who is your hoster?

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM

It is possible it is hosted on a cluster of machines, to be honest I do not know.

I will ask our web host (Hosting.com). If this turns out to be the case, then is there a configuration I need to tweak?

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Well, I posted an article yesterday afternoon and it is still there, the really weird thing is that the last entries in the logs, content and siteconfig folders are dated October 16 (today is the 27th).

How in the world can I see this latest article if the last entry in the content folder is a week and a half ago?? Isn't this where the articles are stored?

I'm baffled.

UPDATE: I just found out that this new hosting plan does run on clustered servers. How does this affect DasBlog?